When it comes to fitness, GOALS are a huge part of making your journey here worthwhile. Yes, some people are “fitness junkies” and just like to exercise. Most often though there is some type reason or goal for why one starts to exercise.
Conversations with our new members generally start off with “I want to (Insert Goal Here)” As coaches, it is our job to provide you with the tools and the guidance to help you achieve your goals. The most important tip I can provide someone as a coach is to always have a goal. Not having a goal is like driving with no destination. If you don’t know where you are going, how can you ever get there?
Here are 5 Easy Steps for achieving your goals
- Set a Goal (Target)
- Make it real – Your goal should be S.M.A.R.T. – Specific-Measurable-Attainable -Realistic-Timely
- Create a Plan (Map to reach your Target)
- In order to reach your goal you have to have a plan of how to get there. This is where coaching becomes crucial. Everyone needs a coach – EVERYONE. Look at the most successful people in the world and I would guarantee that they have a coach
- Make Yourself Accountable
- Write it down, Tell someone, Announce it – Track your progress – This will all help you stay focused and on track for achieving your goal
- Consistently Stick To Your Plan
- The key here is consistency! Be consistent with your actions – there is no magic pill or magic workout plan. Studies have proven that the two biggest factors to determine the effectiveness of an exercise and nutrition plan are that the individual 1. Believes in the program and 2. Follows it consistently.
- Achieve Your Goal (Reach your Target)
It’s that simple – Follow these steps and you will achieve your goals and hit your targets. Always have a goal and a plan for how you are going to reach it. Your fitness experience will be that much more fun and rewarding. You’ll be amazed at how your goals evolve and the things you are capable of accomplishing.
Here is a quick story about one of our members Kristy:
When Kristy started training with us at O.B. Training & Sports Performance she told us that she wanted to be STRONG, be FIT and lift HEAVY weights. Having never squatted before, one of her main goals was to squat 200 pounds. Today, more #FIT and STRONGER than ever she made that goal a reality!
Kristy is a perfect example of what happens when you set a goal, stick to the plan, and put in the work. You get RESULTS
Congratulations on being a Jacked Mom!