Alias: Baby Bear
Jake has been training with O.B. Training and Sports Performance for just about a year now. When he started with us back at The Fitness Mill he was just a little boy, but has grown over this past year into quite the athlete. He has even developed his own form of shuffling, “The Baby Bear Shuffle”. We are very excited to see what the future holds for Jake as he can hold his own against some of our top high school/college athletes and he is only 16. Jake was able to take some time away from perfecting his shuffling technique to answer some questions for us.
– What school do you go to and what sports do you play and how long have you been playing them?
I go to Whitesboro High School and I play hockey and lacrosse. I have been playing hockey for 10 years and lacrosse for 6 years.
– How long have you been training at O.B. Training & Sports Performance?
I have been working out at O.B. Training and Sports Performance for a little over a year now.
– How has training at O.B. Training & Sports Performance helped you become a better athlete?
O.B. Training & Sports Performance has helped me become stronger, faster, quicker, and more agile to help me become a better athlete.
– What do you like most about training O.B. Training & Sports Performance?
My favorite thing about O.B. Training and Sports Performance is working out in small groups with less people than a regular gym so you can get more done in less time. I also like the people and the facility as well as the coaches.
– If you could meet any professional athlete who would it be?
If I could meet a professional athlete it would be Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins.
– What’s your favorite cartoon character and why?
My favorite cartoon character is Jerry the mouse from Tom and Jerry because it never gets old watching him.
– What is your favorite and least favorite exercise to do at the gym?
My favorite exercise is the front squat and my least favorite is three sided planks.