Name: Thomas Giglio
Tom has been training with O.B. Training and Sports Performance since we first moved into our new facility. He has become a special part of our family here and a great leader for the younger athletes. It has been a pleasure to watch him grow and improve over these past few months. Tom gave us a scare when he had to have emergency appendicitis surgery at the end of the summer, but has bounced back to become bigger, stronger and faster for this upcoming hockey season. He was able to take some time out of his busy schedule to answer some questions for this months Athlete In The Spotlight interview.
– What school do you go to and what sports do you play and how long have you been playing them?
I am a senior at Whitesboro High School where I play hockey and baseball. I have been playing baseball for 13 years and hockey for 11 years.
– How long have you been training at O.B. Training & Sports Performance?
I have been training and O.B Training for about 6 months.
– How has training at O.B. Training & Sports Performance helped you become a better athlete?
Training at O.B. Training & Sports Performance has helped me improve my overall strength, especially the strength in my legs. Also, my quickness and agility has been greatly improved since I started.
– What do you like most about training O.B. Training & Sports Performance?
When you go to O.B Training you feel like a part of a family. Ryan and Christina are great people, they always ask how you are and introduce you to other members of the gym. They are also great coaches who know what they are doing and provide a lot of individualized attention.
– If you could meet any professional athlete who would it be?
Michael Jordan because he was a great competitor.
– What’s your favorite cartoon character and why?
Peter Griffin from “Family Guy” because I think he is very funny.
– What is your favorite and least favorite exercise to do at the gym?
My favorite exercise is bench pressing and my least favorite is step ups.