Athletic training and sports performance isn’t just about building strength and power. Elite athletes have strength, power and speed – and they work hard to be top notch in all three. Reaching your top speed requires hard work, but including these five tips from our expert coaches at O.B. Training can speed up your speed results.
- RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN: Obvious, right? Not exactly. Most athletes have never actually run as fast as they can. Run full speed with every sprint and you’ll automatically increase your speed.
- BUILD YOUR LEG STRENGTH: Stronger legs means more force can be applied to the ground. More force into the ground equals faster movement.
- JUMP AROUND: Jumping and other plyometric movements help to develop the fast-twitch muscle fibers in your lower body needed for explosive movements, such as sprinting.
- STAY OFF YOUR HEELS: Running heel-to-toe causes the heel to hit the ground decreasing speed. Instead, stay on the balls of your feet and push the ground behind you.
- LOSE THE FAT: A leaner athlete is a faster athlete. It’s that simple. Extra baggage slows you down. Get leaner. Get Faster.
Looking for more quick tips? Contact us today.