You don’t have to be an elite athlete to adopt the habits that make them great. How many of these habits can you add to your routine?
- CONSISTENCY: Whether it’s in the gym, on the field or in life, the most successful athletes are committed to consistency in all areas. Consistent diet. Consistent training. Consistent goals.
- EARLY TO BED, EARLY TO RISE: Take it from one of the best: Yankees’ Derek Jeter is in bed by 9 p.m. and up by 6 a.m. Your body needs rest to recover and your mind is most productive in the early hours.
- SMART GOAL SETTERS: Elite athletes have goals for everything – workouts, games, diet, fun. Set S.M.A.R.T. goals – Specific Measurable Attainable Realistic Timely
- COACHED: Speed coach, strength coach, nutrition coach, life coach – even the best of the best athletes understand there are others who know better than them and having a support team helps to achieve the results they desire.
- FOCUSED: Whether big, small, immediate or long-term, elite athletes stay focused until they’ve achieved the end goal.
- MENTALLY HEALTHY: What separates the best athletes from the pretty good ones is their ability to prepare mentally. Knowing that the mind needs just as much attention as the body is key to success.
- RECOVER: Elite athletes allow their bodies to rest. They regularly get massages, see chiropractors, and treat recovery with the same intensity as training.
- PROPERLY FUELED: Elite athletes commit to proper nutrition and take vitamin/mineral supplements their bodies need to perform optimally and recover efficiently.
- PRACTICE: Elite athletes are experts in their sports, but not without committing and sacrificing their time and effort. If 10,000 hours achieves mastery in a field, imagine the hours an elite athlete puts in.
- GIVERS: The best athletes understand they didn’t rise to the top without help and make giving back to their families, coaches and communities a priority.
Train like an athlete. Contact us today.